Friday, October 12, 2007

Got my new continuous ink system printer

Continuous ink system(CIS) is gaining momentum in taking a considerable market share in the printing industry. I decided to get one because small printers like me could no longer afford to repurchase the inks and besides your clients are shifting to other stores which are offering very low printing cost. I have no other choice but to really get one.

What is a CIS and how does it work? Wikipedia defines a Continuous Ink System (CIS) or Continuous Flow System (CFS), also known as bulk feed, is a cost-effective replacement for ink-jet printer cartridges. In contrast to conventional cartridges, a CIS/CFS uses very large (about 100ml/color) ink tanks, which are connected with tubes to the printhead nozzles. The tanks can be conveniently refilled from an ink bottle - there is no need for syringes.

Two days ago, Kratz, a dealer of continuous ink system in the city approached and somehow convinced me to change my 4 months old epson c59 printer. At first, I was hesitant to give in because I heard from some friends who have purchased that the warranty of the printer becomes void once it is converted to CIS. I thought for a while that the CIS is only ideal for printers of which the warranty has already lapsed. But then Kratz offered a very incredible deal. He is going to swap my 4 months old epson c59 printer, replace it with a brand new brother dcp130C already converted to CIS. So, from an origina price of PhP8,000, I will only pay 4,ooo pesos. Plus, payable after one month! Is'nt it a very good deal!

Right now, I am charging 2.50 pesos per page for black and white and for some colored texts and small colored graphics which before I am charging 5 pesos (50% savings). For a full page picture and graphics (for short and long bondpaper only), I am charging 5.00pesos, from an original cost of 25pesos per page. Big savings for me and my clients.

No comments: